Wind-update August 02
* Any of you who've spoken to me in the past couple months know how geeked I am about this record; this is a very powerful band and album. AP says "searing rock songs with a melodic bent", while Rolling Stone calls it "titanic rock" - I just say they're fookin awesome!
* The new album Disclaimer is in stores August 20th, and the band is on Ozzfest starting August 10th.
* The first track "Fine Again" is already climbing the rock and alternative radio charts - currently *28 on AOR, *35 on Alternative, and *26 on Active Rock (all R&R). Meanwhile, the "Fine Again" video is currently spinning on MTV2.
* The album will be coming out with 10 different album covers, based on the "people with signs" motif from the "Fine Again" video. In conjunction with this, we've launched a community photo rating site, www.peoplewithsigns.com , where fans can upload their own photo, create their own sign message, and vote on other signs. Check it out!
* We were very psyched to see the 12 Stones record jump to #3 Heatseekers and #147 on the overall chart this week, with sales of over 8,100 pieces!
* The band recently shot their next video, "The Way I Feel," with director Gregory Dark. Look for the clip in the next couple of weeks, with a September radio add date on the new track.
* The band is currently on tour with Creed through 9/1.
* Creed's summer tour, with special guest 12 Stones, kicked off on 7/11 in Virginia Beach, and rolls on through September 1st. After a break the band will be back on the road for a good part of the fall.
* After topping rock radio charts, the latest track "One Last Breath" has now hit Top 10 on Hot AC and Top 20 on Pop, and climbing nicely! The "OLB" video is now in heavy (XL) rotation on VH-1.
* The second album from Jo, Dave, and James, Fun With Humans hits stores tomorrow, Tuesday August 6th.
* The first single "Freak Show" is a funny and telling story of a breakup - "send a Freak Show breakup e-card," anyone?
* Look for the "Freak Show" video later this week.
* If you're anywhere near New York, come see the Stretchies this Thursday at an early evening show at South Street Seaport
Boy Sets Fire
* BSF's first Wind-up release will hit stores September 10th - an EP titled Live For Today, featuring both live and studio material, some new songs and some old faves.
* We've posted a stream of the first preview track from the EP, "Release the Dogs," on www.boysetsfire.com Look for additional previews in the weeks to come.
* The band'll be hitting the road for an extensive tour schedule this fall, including lots of dates with Snapcase.
* Wind-up's latest signing is this four-piece from Dallas who came to our attention from several radio stations through the South - they reported that the band's song "Everything" immediately generated HUGE requests as soon as it was added! We know a good thing when we hear it, so we'll be releasing the band's debut album this fall! Head to www.stereofuse.com for a preview.
* Must's album Androgynous Jesus has sold over 5000 pieces in their adopted hometown on Boston. We launched the national push on the album a couple of weeks ago, and "FreeChild" was #1 Most Added at Rock Radio!
* Drowning Pool continues to shred the wasteland on the Main Stage at Ozzfest - they've come a long way since their 10 am opening slot at last year's show! Meanwhile, a new mix of "Bodies" by Chris Vrenna is on the "XXX" Soundtrack album in stores tomorrow.
* Finger Eleven have been busy recording their new album, but they've found time to produce an ongoing series of video snippets from the sessions. Hit www.fingereleven.com and check out "Finger Vision."